FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Women increasingly discovering motorcycles as freedom machines
Fifty women share stories of empowerment, adventure and self-discovery in new book
Orangeville, Ontario November 1, 2011 – In an age where businesses around the world are recognizing the economic value of empowered women, the cast of Women, Motorcycles and the Road to Empowerment have long-discovered the personal value in taking control of their own destiny. In her soon-to-be released book, author Liz Jansen speaks not only from personal experience, but brings messages from forty-nine women for whom motorcycles have become a literal and figurative means to freedom.
“The empowerment of women is smart economics. In fact, studies show that investments in women yield large social and economic returns,” says Robert B. Zoellick, president of the World Bank Group. Jansen sees this as a call to action. “This statement sends a strong message to women in our society to wake up, appreciate their own worth and take charge.”
Powerful people are usually defined by status, accomplishments, titles or accumulation of material possessions. These illusions can cause us to lose sight of our own power and who we are. The book illustrates how pushing our limits:
- Offers ingredients such as adventure, community, freedom and independence, which satisfy our soul and reacquaint us with our power.
- Highlights fears that prevent us from becoming all we can be because of notions based on cultural training, opinions of others, physical requirements and fear of failure.
- Brings unimaginable rewards in all areas of our life when we accept, embrace and move beyond our limits.
Not only are women riding on trips across the country, their machines are taking them on a return to their authentic self. “While motorcycling is their vehicle of transformation for,” says Jansen, “you don’t need to be a rider to understand the wisdom they impart.”
“As significant as this is,” she continues, “It’s only the beginning. Not only does one’s personal growth become exponential, the positive ripple effect is enormous. When one realizes the potential for positive change, it gets really exciting!”
Through fifty stories of adventure and self-discovery, from a cross-section of women with varied interests and experience levels, this book is evidence of just how powerful this movement is.
Women, Motorcycles and the Road to Empowerment
List $19.95 Cdn/US
Trade soft cover 272 pages
– ### –
- Nov. 1 – Preorders can be placed through http://www.lizjansen.com/book
- Nov. 18 – Progressive International Motorcycle Show in San Mateo, CA where Jansen will be presenting on the Learning Curves stage.
- December 1 – Available in print and ebook through all major bookstores and online stores
- December 9 – Official Canadian launch at the Toronto Motorcycle Show’s Ladies night.
About the Author:
Liz Jansen is an entrepreneur, adventurer, writer – and rider extraordinaire who loves riding across the country. She creates experiences that instill a sense of adventure, freedom and community while traveling the transformative road to personal and professional leadership. Liz has worked with individuals and organizations in both private and public sectors.
To learn more about Women, Motorcycles and the Road to Empowerment, to receive a review copy or to book the author for an interview or speaking engagement, visit www.lizjansen.com Books will also be available through Amazon or your favorite bookstore.