15 Riders Share Favorite Moto Charity Rides
by Liz Jansen
The season of gratitude, gift giving and festivity is winding down and a whole new year stretches out in front of us. Giving to those less fortunate is important all year long, and no one personifies that more than riders.
We asked the readers of Motorcycle Mojo Magazine about the touching/charitable moto events they’ve been part of in 2013. Their responses and good will stretch right across the country, and range from local to national efforts. They’ve made a difference in thousands of lives
Use their list to plan your charitable engagements this year. While not everyone is a fan of group rides, everyone can contribute in their own way.
- Noel H. Quesnel Biker Monster ride (muscular dystrophy). Ride for dad. Various Toy runs.
- Don E. Ride For Sight, lots of good times, and a good distance from Ottawa.
- Claude B. Casselman Ontario, Fund raiser for the local Cadets. Next May will be the third year running
- William D. Sampson Motorcycle Ride for Dad fighting Prostate cancer
- Robert D. Motorcycle ride for Dad Edmonton
- Jenn E. Anything to do with kids, I’m there
- John T. Ride For Lupus in Guelph Ontario. This incredible young lady, put aside her illness and put everything into this ride to give 100% to the Sick Kids suffering from the disease! Way to go Jenn Ephgrave
- Todd R. I participate in the Ride For Sight every year as well as the ride for kidney research and the Cow Paddyboys poker run
- Henri D. Motorcycle Ride For Dad, Edmonton.
- Tom M. Ride for Dad, Ride for Dog Guides, Milton Hospital Ride, B.A.D. Ride.
- Bernie M. Hubby rode in Ride For The Cure for the last several years, around the Cabot Trail.
- Kevin D. Sackville, New Brunswick – Tantramar Toy Run, September 7 this year, 25th annual ride. Whole run (40km) was lined with people waving in every driveway and parking lot to show their appreciation. Hats off to the organizing committee and sponsors.
- Glenn R. Bikes In the Bay, Campbells Bay Quebec. Every June.
- Norma E. I have been apart of the MPNMRR since 2009 when it began. It is a relay ride across Canada raising money for Blind Children of Canada. www.mpnmrr.ca
- Fred B. Vancouver firefighters “bikers for burns” ride, Vancouver toy run and “ride to live”
Which favorites can you add?