New Moon – New Ebooks on Life Lessons from Motorcycles
by Liz Jansen
Almost two years ago, I published Life Lessons from Motorcycles—12 Principles of Survival. Although I didn’t know it at the time, it was the beginning of my second book: Life Lessons from Motorcycles. Since then, I’ve published many articles on my blog, covering 12 specific Life Lessons topics. These have now been compiled into ebooks, which I’m thrilled to announce are now ready to begin releasing.
They’re published and available for download on your favorite ereader.
Who knew that motorcycles had so much to teach us about ourselves? These lessons need to be savored, so rather than release it all at once, I’ll release two chapters per month as their own book – for FREE for a while. Once they’re all out, the complete edition will be available.
Motorcycles are rich with symbolism and metaphors, which they share freely and without judgment. As rich, empowering and exhilarating as that the experience is, there is an even greater transformation going on within us.
Here’s what to expect in the coming months, not necessarily in this order.
Life Lessons from Motorcycles Table of Contents
- 75 Tips for Being in BalanceWhen you’re out of balance on two wheels, the feedback is immediate and the consequences are real. Learning how to achieve balance in your life is every bit as important as learning to stay upright on a motorcycle.
- 75 Tips for Enjoying Robust RelationshipsOne need look no further than the relationship between motorcycle and rider to glimpse what is as close to a perfect relationship as there is. It has to be. Aside from the initial passion that draws them together, learning to work together is a matter of survival.
- 75 Tips for Unleashing Your Personal PowerJust the personal power of mortals, motorcycles pack an amazing amount of power into a relatively small engine. In both cases, all you have to do to call on more power is to ask for it. Use the same tactics used to get the most power out of engines, to unleash your personal power.
- 75 Tips for the Face in the MirrorMirrors reflect exactly what’s put in front of them. On your motorcycle, mirrors give you information on which to base sound decisions. In life, other people mirror back what they see in you. Learn how to use this for your own growth.
- 75 Tips for Clearing Your VisionThe importance of focusing on your destination is so important in riding, it’s taught in the first lesson. It’s just as important in life, if you want to fulfill your purpose. Use these tips to get you where you’re going.
- 75 Tips for Connecting Through CommunicationEffective communication skills are a matter of survival for motorcycle riders. As in life, you share the road with many others. Not only is it important that you make yourself understood, but it’s vital to understand their intentions, particularly as they affect you.
- 75 Tips for Defining Your BrandBranding is the tangible way you reflect personal philosophies and personalities. Essentially, brands are the external representation of your inner self. They reflect your values, perspectives and interests. You’re building a brand whether you realize it or not. Use the lessons from motorcycles to build the brand that reflects who you really are.
- 75 Tips for Thriving Through Holistic NutritionAll components of a motorcycle need a regular diet of high-quality ingredients to keep the machine functioning at its maximum capacity. You need to do the same for mind, body, and spirit. Learn to thrive from these nourishing tips.
- 75 Tips for Maintaining Body, Mind and SoulWho knew the owner’s manual could teach you as much about yourself and self care as it teaches about the bike? Understanding the fundamentals of motorcycle maintenance enhances safety, performance and longevity while reducing costs. It also builds self-confidence, awareness and independence—and teaches you how to care for your self.
- 75 Tips for Mastering Your ControlsBrakes, clutch, and throttle are used to manage the power and performance of a motorcycle. Thoughts, behaviors, and beliefs influence your perception of power and how you use it. In both instances, becoming proficient takes desire, practice, and persistence.
- 75 Tips for Generating Epic EnergyTo maximize the potential power available on your motorcycle, it needs fuel. That means making sure the gas tank is full, making sure there are no leaks, and practicing energy efficiency.
- 75 Tips for Staying GroundedAs a rider, you know how important it is to keep your tires in contact with the road. As a spiritual being in a human body on this earth, it’s just as important to stay grounded to who you are. Only then can you make the choices that are best for you.
Life lessons from motorcycles riding are vivid, forthright, and plentiful. Apply them in life as you would on your ride—with skill, insight, and a sense of adventure.