33 Ways to Stay Connected with Community
How do you stay connected with your motorcycle community during winter?
We posed the question during a recent chat I facilitated on Motorcycle Mojo Magazine’s FaceBook page.) These riders share theirs. Add yours in the comments below.
34 Ways to Stay Connected with Community
- Monet B. We ride when there’s a good day and go to lunch together a few days a week. (Nashville, TN)
- Dave T. Online forums!
- Brenda B. We have meet’n’greets every month until riding starts up again.
- Tom M. Monthly HOG meetings.
- Gary W. With mojo magazine
- Monet B. I’m a HOG member too. We have an active calendar of things to do.
- Andrew B. My Mojo subscription, the internet and by sharing all kinds of tall riding tales with my friends who are trying to make it through the winter.
- Nathan M. Facebook, SteelonWheels Biker Site, BikerOrNot.com, and BikersPost.com
- Rania R M. Twitter, Google Plus, Facebook is just a small part. Meetup.com for winter rides and events. BikerOrNot.com worked better in AZ for me. In Pa, it’s more of a dating site.
- Tim D. We meet once a month or more for Wing night.
- Becky L. We have euchre night once per week, and breakfast at a different restaurant once per month and occasional Friday night Timmies!!
- Mark K. Thursday night coffee at Starbucks. Also was following Vancouver Island’s own Don T Hatton via website as he rode the Dakar with Simon Pavey.
- Mark K.Also keep up with people on Horizons Unlimited HUBB.
- Don N. Internet!
- Dragons Lair What SB’s Mark and is it all makes??
- Mark K. Thursday night Dual Sport BC meet at Starbucks.
- Arthur A. Online forums but also get out on my Ural every couple of weeks and share tales with other Uralists doing the same.
- Kevin G. My closest riding buddies are never too hard to find. For extended friends : MMM, bike shows and internet.
- Randy B. Meetup.com Calgary riders group. We still meet at the pub now and then.
- Glenn S. We communicate through email, FB and Canadian Army Veterans (CAV). website and FB site.
- Don S. On here for one.
- Roni C. SCRC has a monthly meeting, we meet for dinners and stay in touch with our forum online.
- Tanya M. We see each other all the time! At bike shows, in bike shops, in the local supermarkets & stores!!!
- Noel H. Facebook mostly, Motorcycle Mojo use to have a forum but that went away. The Buell riders of BC has a forum and the BC Lone Wolves has a site with a forum on it.
- Christina M. Our SCRC Chapter continues to get together year round. We’re busy planning 2013 road trips!!
- John T. Sooo many of my riding friends and clubs are on Facebook! but nothing beats getting together at Tim’s for real time and a coffee!
- Katherine A. I keep riding. No bad weather just poor clothing.
- Robert W. Mojo. Texting. Internet. Planning vacation.
- Doug S. I ride…almost every day…enjoy the sunshine and the beautiful view of the sea. (I moved from Ontario to Malta.)
- Greg M. tim hortons tuesday night coffee.
- John S. I read my old Mojo mags…..
- John S. lol……and sit on my bike
- Sarah C. I thought planning a big trip might be the thing – go on you tube and look for -Ewan Mcgregor and Charlie Borman’s road trip – you will like
What other means can you add?