30 Riders Share their Highlights of Summer
Granted we still have just over a week until Autumn officially arrives, so there’s still some summer left. The folks at Motorcycle MOJO Magazine and I thought it would be interesting to hear about your riding highlights of summer – so far.
We asked readers and fans the question and here’s what they said.
30 Riders Share their Highlights of Summer
- Carol H. 9 days from Illinois to South Dakota, Wyoming, and Nebraska through Iowa. 3000 miles of the best the U S has to offer!! I’ve been all over this country but never spent much time in the old west. Breathtaking!!
- Greg H. My wife and I with our boy who is twelve went on a six week trip also. We did from east of Ottawa to Vancouver island and back. At twelve, my boy will remember this motorcycle trip and hopefully share with his kids.
- Noel H. I almost forgot. I did the Quensnelbiker.com Monster ride. 2000Km in 32 hours. It was a fundraiser for muscular dystrophy research.
- Paul W. A week riding the roads around Halliburton.
- Mark K. Motorcycling to Death Valley National Park and attending the Horizons Unlimited CanWest meeting.
- Stuart A. Spent 6 days with 5 buddies riding the Blue Ridge Parkway , great trip
- Kevin G. Attending the ” international” Moto Guzzi rally a few weeks back in Lavigne Ontario.
- Bob C. Rode the Gaspe peninsula as part of a 6800 km road trip in July
- Danielle D. Moving to my home town and riding with my sister for the first time ever. Both long time riders, but twenty years and a span of provinces kept us apart.
- Trevor D. My wife and I finally took our bikes down to California via the Oregon coast. Perfect weather during the whole 15 day trip.
- Noel H. Rode to the Kootenays and spent a weekend using New Denver as a base. From there went to Vancouver Island via Northern Washington State. Came home again over the Duffy Lake Road.
- Ron C. Big riding highlight of this summer’s riding was meeting Wendy and Harold Nesbitt , publishers of the Nova Scotia & Atlantic Canada Motorcycle Tour Guide at The Thunder in the Highlands Rally in Cape Breton . Great stories and a lotta laughs.
- Jim R. Northern Washington Cascades, Sunshine Coast BC and 330 changes of direction between Kootenay Bay and Creston. Any ride can be an adventure!
- Dave T. Riding around Georgian Bay and spending a day riding Manitoulin! $ days of riding pleasure!
- Donna R. I rode to Shuswap Lake and Merritt and Spence’s Bridge.
- William A. still to come ……
- Dave O. My 1400km day trip loop to go have lunch & coffee with my newly married daughter in Timmins. I just had to see if my Honda ST 1300 was up to the task! Truth be told I had to find out if I was a guy who rode motorcycles or a motorcyclist…..long live the motorcyclists out there!
- Scott Z. Cypress Hills interprovincial park, as well as highway 99 up to Lillooet
- John K. great people at Atlanticade !
- Mark C. Trip around the Gaspe peninsula in QB…beautiful!!
- Tony K. Spent 5 days in Cape Breton. The Cabot Trail was amazing!
- Cory D. Ride from Ottawa to Boston through NY, Vermont and NH. Great riding even though it rained.
- Jeff D. After following the Trans Canada to its western end in a previous summer, I finished the entire Trans Canada last month. Newfoundland was incredible!
- Fred B. Vancouver to Canmore
- Christopher G. A couple of buddies and I rode down to Lake Placid one weekend. Lots of neat twisty roads through the Adirondaks.
- Lou D. Riding the Tunnel of Trees (M119 between Harbor Springs and Cross Village) in Michigan
- Archie M. Well I suppose riding round the Scottish highlands every other weekend
- Todd M. Left Nova Scotia, went to the Rednights convention in Rutland Vermont, then onto Webster New York, rount to Pennsylvania, then to Connecticut, from Connecticut we Amtraked to New York City and went to Ground Zero, Red Knights Memorial in Boylston Massachusetts, then made my way home to Nova Scotia
- Helena K. Drove through Jasper National Park. Can’t wait to go back and spend more time there.
- Lee My solo tour from Winnipeg, along the north shore of the St. Lawrence, riding the shoreline of the Gaspe Peninsula (as well as the ChicChocs), the Evangeline Trail, the Fundy Shoreline(NB and NS), Hopewell Rocks…the rendezvous with my husband in St Stephen NB after being on the road 18 days and 7000kms (and riding homeward with him after that)…but the biggest highlight of the entire 10,500 Kms were all the new people I met (and who helped me along my way) through ADVrider….
What’s been the riding highlight of your summer? Post it in the comments below.