by Liz Jansen
We hear about cross-fit when it comes to personal training. Why not apply the same thing to motorcycle skills training? We asked our friends at Motorcycle Mojo Magazine about their thoughts on training. ” Have you ever taken or considered taking a course outside of the kind of riding you do? For example, if you’re a road rider, have you tried an off-road course?”
- Linda Y. I’d like to take a off road course with Clinton.
- Mark K. Stateside there is in Seattle and of course the Rawhide school in California is intriguing! Always wanted to take an off road course. I missed out on Dakar racer Don Hatton’s course on Vancouver Island and I am not sure if he runs them anymore… Nothing else close to me in that respect. I have attended a few Horizon Unlimited off road clinics though!
- Catharine SD I took the off road course up at Clinton Smouts school . Worth every penny. Also enjoyed the rodeo lesson Jim Hyde does with the Rawhide programme.
- Steve L. I did take a half day course at the Horseshoe Riding Adventures. Very good. I highly recommend it.
- Paul B. yes I would like to try racing course.
- Liz J. Here’s the link for FAST – http://www.motorcycletrackdays.ca/showdetails.cgi?who=FAST
- Brenda B. Would like to try the course that is held (I think in London, Ontario) where u ride your own bike around a track to learn speed skills, I think.
- Liz J. There’s FAST school at Shannonville racetrack. Or SOAR in Grand Bend? http://www.soaracing.ca/index.html
- Doug B. Never stop learning
- Manny B. I’ve taken an off-road course but was mainly a road-racer/rider
- Ollie T. Another thumbs up for Clinton. Awesome dude!
- Gerard E. I’d like to give off road a try and looking for some instruction near me. This isn’t close but would love to go to this course in California …..https://www.facebook.com/TeamRawHyde
- Lindsay T. every course that comes my way. Have instructed some too
- Suhaymath N. I’ve considered and would love to take adventure riding/off-road riding/motocross courses.
- Bryan F. adventure touring is on the list so I would be interested in off road get dirty type training.
- John A. Learning to ride in the dirt as a kid made me a far better rider on the road later on, no question.
- Bob E. I’ve never tried “off road” it’s on my “bucket list” and I’d love to take a course.
- John T. Wouldn’t mind super bike school
- Tom M. Yep – at Clinton’s school. One of the wisest moves I ever made.
What’s your preferred riding style and what kind of training have you done?