7 Moto Ideas to Cross Off Your Gift List
While your gift may be heartfelt and seem like a great idea, there are some things that riders would prefer to select themselves. To save well-intentioned gift givers from disappointment and recipients from awkwardness, we asked the readers of Motorcycle Mojo Magazine, “What is something moto related you would rather not have someone gift you with – ie. Something better bought yourself?”
7 Moto Ideas to Cross off your Gift List
- Mark K. Riding gear. At 6’6″ I am hard to fit in the first place so I need to know my gear is going to fit and be functional..
- Noel H. That would depend on whether the person buying the gift understands motorcycles or not. I am not, for instance, into “You meet the nicest people on a Honda” T shirts. (Nothing wrong with Hondas, I’m not much into Dodge truck T shirts either.)
- Danielle B. I think it would be a better question the other way around… what would you like to receive as a gift… most things about motorcycles are so personal, from the bike itself to the gear
- Randy B. Battery’s don’t die on your maps much either. For me gear would be something I would prefer to by for myself too.
- Suhaymath N. Moto books. I already have fairly extensive library, so it would need to be a really neat title or a title that is already on my wish list, which is quite personalized. I prefer to be the master of my own moto library. I once received a book that I already had, so I actually gave someone else my existing copy and kept the one that was given to me!
- Don E. Would have to be rain gear or even GPS. I like to pick my own gear, and as far as GPS goes, I don’t use it. I go for maps and use the sun to guide me. Sometimes I end up places I never intended. Part of the adventure.
- Sam H. A helmet, boots or gear in general. I’d like to pick my style.
Riders, anything else you’d prefer to select yourself?