7 Tips to Increase Your Personal Power
Just like the personal power of mortals, motorcycles pack an amazing amount of power into a relatively small engine. Click to tweet quote. Although most bikes have more than their rider ever uses, it’s reassuring to know that power is there if you need it! All you have to do is rev your engines. Click to tweet quote.
- Transfer of Power. To move off, power needs to be transferred from the engine to the rear wheel, ideally in a smooth, controlled manner. Even though the engine may be running, until you shift into gear, you’ll only sit there.Your power comes from your Self and your connection to the Universe. No one can give it to you and no one can take it away. Your spirit seeks expression and it’s your responses that determine how your energy is transferred.
- Choices. You manage the power of the motorcycle through the choices you make. How you apply throttle and brakes, along with appropriate gearing, determines how much power you access and how the motorcycle performs.You manage your personal power through the choices you make. Thoughts, emotions and behaviors control your confidence, self-awareness and ultimately your effectiveness. Your power is always there waiting to be accessed. It’s not something anyone else can give you, nor can they take it away. Listening to your intuition, being aware of interfering thoughts and choosing wisely bring out your best!
- Appearance. A motorcycle’s power isn’t affected by the color of paint, customized graphics or cosmetic accessories. Click to tweet quote. Those things determine whether it’s attractive to your eye but it’s the engine where the power is. And the engine isn’t influenced by body paint.You come in all different sizes, shapes and colors. You can dress ourselves up with the latest fashions and accessorize to your heart’s content. It’s your spirit that is your source of power and no window dressing changes that.
- Opinions of others. Whether someone likes a particular motorcycle or not has no bearing on its power. Click to tweet quote. That same engine is unaffected and is going to deliver the power it’s capable of, regardless of what others think.Other people form opinions through their own filters and life experiences. While they mean well, they project their own thoughts and fears on you. It does not change the amount of personal power you have. The first voice you listen to must be your own.
- Balance. An imbalanced load makes the motorcycle harder to manage and more likely to tip over, especially at slow speeds. Power is diverted from moving the motorcycle forward to maintaining balance. Evenly distributing the load and keeping it low and close to midline frees up energy to move forward safely.Balancing your workload and personal responsibilities, prioritizing your activities and learning to say no, helps you manage your power and energy levels. Looking after ourselves is the first step in both looking after others and fulfilling your purpose.
- Skills. Riding skills determine how you use the power that’s already there. Proficiency takes time to develop. As you develop confidence and hone your skills, you’re able to access and manage more power. You’re able to push ourselves further and accomplish more.You are capable of more than you ever realize. Your skills can determine how much power you use, but they don’t determine how much is there. As you increase your self-awareness and gain new skills, you tap into greater amounts of power, opening up more opportunities for you.
- Age. While it’s true that modern technology produces more powerful motorcycles, it doesn’t mean that power necessarily declines with age. Actually, once the engine is broken in, more power is available.Proper care and attention can keep the engine performing at high levels. You don’t lose your personal power as your body ages. Your spirits are ageless so although your physical bodies may change, that personal power you each have remains with you and seeks expression for as long as you’re here.
The next time you’re feeling a little low on personal power, review this list and look for the root of the problem. All the power you could ever use is available, waiting to be called on. Look for what’s blocking access and work on removing it. You’ll be amazed at the energy it releases.