We all know to NEVER purchase a used helmet. But there are often good deals on other used gear. Have you purchased used gear and where’s a good place to find it?
Here’s how these experienced Motorcycle Mojo fans responded.
13 Riders Share their Sources for Used Motorcycle Gear
- Mark K. I have never had the opportunity to purchase used gear just because of my size, not many people selling gear for someone my size being 6’6′ 270lbs! I did manage to buy a heated vest though that works nicely for half the price of a new one from a friend of mine…
- Darlene D. Jackets, boots, pants and gloves are completely different from helmets and I have bought a used jacket after close examination only. When I was done with my old helmet, I took it apart and cut the chin strap so no one would be tempted to used it after I disposed of it.
- Kevin G. Purchased an almost new snow-mobile suit (jacket and pants) at a garage sale several years ago and have used it for winter riding several times !
- Karen G. Never bought any gear used.
- Sean K. Yep, full suit from kijiji. Boots, suit and gloves are fine as long as they are not chewed up
- Tim M. Never bought used gear and any used gear I’ve had I’ve given to somebody starting out or not being in a position to buy new. Used helmets always go to the dump
- Mike P. I bought a ballistics jacket at the international centre mc show a few years ago for $125. Was a great deal!!
- Tony M. I find my used stuff through friends
- John T. I always buy my riding gear NEW!!! gear is personal and used is just not cool!
- Kees S. Jacket gloves and boots used. Look for the right deals and you’re golden!
- William H. We have a local dealer who lets bikers sell their used gear as long as it is in good condition!
- David L. Yup, on kijiji
- Bruce A. yeah I’ve bought used gear off Kijiji leather jacket, gloves also from online stores over a year old helmet still in box, brand new but year older who cares better price than in stores.