7 Factors for Creating a Nutritious Body Mind Spirit Diet
Holistic nutrition is derived not only from the food you eat, but also from community, meditation, wisdom, sensuality, and play. A healthy diet now, paves the way for a healthy future. Not only do you feel better, it can prevent illnesses which hold you back.
Motorcycles are excellent teachers of nutrition. The manufacturers make it easy to know what to do. They come with an owner’s manual, complete with specs and maintenance intervals. Your Manufacturer didn’t send an owner’s manual. But you do have your intuition which is even better!
7 factors for creating a Nutritious Body Mind Spirit Diet
- Quality. The quality of what you feed your motorcycle – fuel, fluids, air – affects performance and longevity. Owner’s manuals give you specific specs for vital ingredients such as the grade of fuel, weight of motor oil and the designated brake fluid. Humans don’t come with an owner’s manual.You’ve heard, “You are what you eat.” you’re also what you hear, see and feel. Making wise, informed decisions on what you allow into or on your body, or into your mind keeps you vibrant, dynamic and beautiful. Inside and out!
- Quantity. More is not better when it comes to motorcycle fluids. Too little can ruin your bike – and its rider. Imagine what happens when you apply your brakes and there’s insufficient brake fluid. Or you’re sitting in traffic with your water-cooled engine and your coolant level is low. Each fluid has a specific amount required for optimal performance.Unlike a motorcycle, humans don’t come with gauges or fill marks. You have to figure out your own nutrition. Click to tweet quote. Like a bike, there is an optimal amount of food you need to maintain a healthy body and mind. Too much or too little creates health risks over time.
- Mix. Each fluid is unique in characteristic, purpose and quantity. You can’t substitute motor oil for brake fluid; or gasoline for coolant.Include all food groups in your physical diet in the correct ratio of fats, carbohydrates and proteins. Also include a mix of activities to nourish mind and spirit.
- Maintenance. Regular, proactive maintenance enhances performance and promotes longevity. Replacing fluids or parts before they’re worn out reduces the risk of breaking down in the middle of nowhere or having an accident because brake pads were worn, the tire tread was gone or your wheel bearings were shot.Regular maintenance, care and nutrition keeps your body at its healthiest. Routine screening can detect small problems and allow early treatment. Your body houses your spirits so taking good care of it respects who you are.
- External Conditions. Riding faster burns more fuel and requires more gas stops. You may need a different grade of motor oil for prolonged extremes of heat or cold. The type of bike, riding and roads will influence the type of tires you choose. Ambient temperatures can affect your appetite.Staying well-hydrated is important when you’re exposed to prolonged heat, especially when riding. External influences on mind and spirit are not always so easy to recognize. Pay attention to stress levels, toxic environments or even being so busy, you neglect these areas.
- Internal conditions. You get to know the nuances of your motorcycles and can detect subtle signs that something is wrong. It may be that the engine sounds different, it handles differently or it starts consuming oil or excessive fuel.All of those are indications to take a closer look at what’s happening. Your life may depend on it. Applying regular attention to body, mind and spirit, maintaining balance and listening to your intuition keeps you alert to signs you may need to take time out for an assessment. Your life may depend on it.
- Interdependence. All systems have to work together for the machine to operate maximum efficiency. It matters not that your gas tank is full if your tires are worn out. Or your battery is dead. Fuel, electrical, hydraulic and mechanical systems all need to be functioning well to achieve safe and effective performance.Your body is merely the physical component of your being. Dysfunctions in your energy systems and spiritual body affect your physical body. Body, mind and spirit are interrelated so neglecting one at the expense of another will affect the whole.
Step back and take a look at what you’re feeding yourself. You make sure that your motorcycle or car are in good shape before you trust your life to them. Why would you treat your Self any different?