7 Steps for Staying Grounded
Being grounded is a fundamental competency when you’re riding a motorcycle. Generally, when tires lose contact with the road surface, the outcome is not good. Enjoyment and safety are inextricable. Staying grounded requires skill, good judgment, momentum and balance.
7 steps for staying grounded
- Start with the basics. An essential first step to riding a motorcycle and keeping both tires on the pavement is acquiring the necessary technical skills. Without them, you’ll go nowhere fast. It’s the same in life. Any time we learn a new skill, it’s important to get instruction from a qualified expert. 9 essentials for being grounded
- Practice holistic health. Optimizing your health builds a solid foundation on which to build the rest of your life. These healthy practices will keep your feet firmly planted on the ground. 9 practices to keep you grounded
- Be real. There are activities when you can get by with being oblivious to your surroundings. Motorcycling is not one of them. You need accurate inputs from your self, your motorcycle, your immediate environment and your future. Your ability to live in reality is a survival skill on both your motorcycle and your life’s Road. While it’s not always pleasant, it’s data on which to base rational decisions. 9 escapes from current reality
- Stay in control. With moments of exception best left to experts, successful motorcycle travel literally requires staying connected with the ground – with both tires. That means making choices to stay in control at all times. 9 ways to stay in control
- Use caution when taking advice. An advisor can help you save time, money and see you out of a rough spot. But how do know if the advice you’re getting is good advice for you? When you have nothing to calibrate against or are up against a wall, it’s hard to differentiate useful from useless. 9 ways to differentiate good advice from bad
- Stay connected. Much like an electrical current is grounded to prevent a potentially damaging short circuit, your being needs a connection to the earth to stay grounded, balanced and healthy in body, mind and spirit. Motorcycles are literal proof positive of its necessity. Although only two small contact patches of rubber keep your motorcycle in touch with the ground, having that contact is essential for your safety and wellbeing. 9 habits to keep you grounded
- Learn how. Knowing how to stay grounded is the foundation on which all other experiences evolve – riding or other. Just as it’s essential for your safe motorcycle travel to stay in contact with the ground, so is it essential to keep body, mind and spirit grounded and balanced. Your physical, emotional and spiritual well-being relies on it, especially during times of change. 9 techniques to stay grounded
Follow these steps to stay grounded and receptive to insights, creativity and the gifts from the Universe that surround you. Having a healthy outlook prepares you for safe and enjoyable travels on both your earth road and your spiritual journey.