It’s easy to see the effects of malnourishment on machines like motorcycles. Short-change them on what they need to thrive and you’re risking performance and safety.
7 habits that nourish your soul
- Minimize junk food. You don’t feed your motorcycle substandard oil, fuel or brake fluid. It’s too great a performance and safety risk. Show yourself the same respect by taking in healthy ingredients for body, mind and spirit. 9 Sources of junk food for the soul
- Draw the line. You don’t come with gauges and indicators to tell you when it’s time to fill up. You have to draw your own line and set your limits. Learn to say no to things that don’t nourish you. 9 things to draw the line on
- Get essential nutrients. Just as bikes require essential nutrients to keep their engines purring, so do you. Essential nutrients come from a variety of sources and are needed for their unique benefits. Make sure you’re getting the right mix to keep you healthy and vibrant. 9 nutrients to keep your engine purring
- Adopt a long term health strategy. Regular maintenance, care and nutrition directly affect performance and longevity. Feed your bike high-quality nutrients designed for it’s specific purpose and it will give you years of trouble free enjoyment. Use the same approach to create a joyful and fulfilling life. 9 components of a long term health strategy
- Focus on the essentials. Focus on taking in the things you can never overdo, either in giving or receiving – like true friends, freedom and courage. 9 nutrients you can never get too much of
- Maintain a balanced diet. Ignoring your personal needs will eventually leave ou stranded. Pay attention to signs you’re not getting enough nutrients – and then do something about it. 9 signs you’re malnourished
- Practice a holistic approach. All systems have to work together for a machine to be effective and operate efficiently. Your body houses your spirit while you’re here. It makes sense to treat it with utmost care. 9 practices that nourish body mind and spirit
Adopt these habits to nourish your soul and make the most of each moment. Not only does it help you flourish in the present, it sets the stage for a long and holistically healthy life.